OTHER: Rob S pulling me up on my terms...

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Dec 5 09:21:14 EST 1995

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Rob S wrote:

>    Aren't you confusing bootleg tapes with pirate tapes. I would have
>   nothing to do with pirate tapes as they deny an artist both royalties
>   and sales figures, whereas a bootleg of a live gig is doing no harm,
>   as the vast majority of bootleg tapes are sold to/made by fans who
>   already try to get everything the artist has anyway.

        Rob - no, I know the difference, but I agree I'm not making much
sense there. Think there was some idea in my mind about bootlegs of
recorded events, but it's not an everyday occurrence that, is it? Need my
head checked over - too much radio music I fear. Yours,
                                                        Jazza

          /----------------------------------------------------------\
          |    "So, Penfold, what did you think of Popacatepetl?"    |
          |       "Er, not yet chief, but I will as soon as we       |
          |                  get to the kitchen."                    |
          |Jonathan Jarrett ( History ) |    Ext. Tel. 01223 460728  |
          | ( Pembroke College,         |    Int. Tel. 32049         |
          |   Cambridge CB2 1RF ) or    |    E-MAIL:                 |
          |     2 Selwyn Gardens (7),   |    jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk  |
          |       Cambridge CB2 1NG.    |                            |