BOC: cult symbol guitar

CHARLES THE GRINNING BOY grant_c%wglim1.DNET at SBPHRD.COM
Fri Dec 8 10:54:04 EST 1995

Mike writes:

>> i was just thinking about the BOC show i saw when they opened for Rush in 86
>> they brought out a guitar that was in the shape of the cult symbol
>> do they still use this? what was it and whosewas it ? anyone know?
>> - mike psyche

Then Theo:

>That's kind of funny, 'cause back in the good old times, I saw Rush
>open for BOC.  The correct order of performance IMNSHO.  I'm pretty
>sure that gtr was made by Giuliano, the guy who made Buck's custom
>gtrs back then.  It was Eric's gtr.  I understand he still has it,
>but has retired it, being it's a one of a kind instrument.  I suspect
>it's really 'cause the thing's too heavy and unwieldy.  I've played
>flying Vs and explorers in clubs, and you're always banging them into
>something!  Eric also had a Paul and an SG with chronos symbols
>inlaid in the tops in pearl.
>theo

Just as an aside on this:
I saw rock/punk 70's influenced band Redd Kross supporting someone
(I think it was the Senseless Things) in London. During a fairly
histrionic guitar solo, the lead guitarist lifted his guitar (possibly
to play it with his teeth, I can't remember) revealing the back of the
instrument. And there it was, a large BOC symbol, covering the whole
of it. After the set I questioned him as he was standing at the bar
and he said he was a big fan.

.......Charlie.       grant_c%wglim1.dnet at sbphrd.com