HW: Rumours on the edge of time ....

Paul G Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Wed Dec 13 06:46:20 EST 1995

Hi all,

I'm sad to say that the rumour I mentioned a while back was a fizzer!

It seems that (very surprisingly), one Mr. Steve Swindells has not
heard *ANY* Hawkwind material released since his 'departure' from the
band in '79. What makes this even weirder is that fact that he has
maintained contact with Martin Griffin to this day -  strange that
he wasn't interested in the band at least while MG was still
drumming for them . Anyway, he stumbled across my WWW pages (one
wonders how ... was he searching the net for 'Hawkwind'? Seems
strange if that's the case, given that he has been so 'out of touch'
... I must ask), and discovered FoFP/Jill Codex and the various
discographies.

He mailed me to say 'Gidday', then continued browsing. At some point
he noticed the track list for the _Levitation_ album. Here's the
rumour ..... "Hey - I'm sure that *I* wrote both 'Motorway City' and
'Who's gunna win the War' ....... please don't say anything until
I've checked my notes ....."

So I've been holding my breath, waiting to see if any litigation was
to follow. I'm happy to say that he mailed me today, and won't be
taking one Mr. Brock to court. I'm not sure wether that was his
intention or not - but who knows?

Other things relating to SS:

He has apparently given Knut Gerwer (the guy in Berlin doing the
Calvert video project) a heap of information about Bob during the
Hawklord era, and assisted in locating some 'lost' footage of some
Hawklord's jam sessions ..... but Knut is waiting for Doug Smith to
come to some agreement, as he apparently has the tape in his
possession at the moment.

Steve is also putting together a collection of tracks which he has
written over the last 2 or 3 years, and hopes that he can actually
record some of these next year. Sadly, he says that it is not very
Hawkwind-ish, but it would be good to see it happen anyway. Perhaps
he should try talking to DB again .... he might get to use the EBS
facilities.

That's all for now.

A. Soniqu=E9
--