Satriani/Imaginos/Stu Hamm

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Dec 14 08:48:08 EST 1995

>        On Joe Satriani and Imaginos:
>        Satriani is on "Imaginos", huh?  Even if only a bit part...
>        Well, I guess I'll finally have to purchase a copy of Imaginos.

I could be wrong (probably am), but to my ear, the most satriani like bit
on Imaginos is Imaginos itself - there's the guitar break about half way
through that sounds like it was lifted from Surfin' era Joe.

>        A similar artist to Satch (but with less fire and more atmosphere)
>        is Eric Johnson, major releases being "Tones" and "Ah Via Musicom".

I aggree wholeheartedly.  Cliffs of Dover, Desert Rose & Trademark are
awesome. And Eric plays a couple of tracks on Stu Hamm's The Urge.

Tim