BOC: Satriani and Imaginos

Thu Dec 14 08:53:47 EST 1995

Brian asks:

>        Someone said that they believed that Joe Satriani was only involved
with the song "Imaginos".  I thought I heard that he also played the lightning-
fast run somewhere in the middle of "Siege..." somewhat like his guest solo
on Spinal Tap's "Break Like The Wind".  I remember Al told us all about this
some time ago- does anyone have the post archived?
 If so, now would be a good
time to re-post it.

I don't have it "on-line" anymore - but I'm looking over my printed
copy as I write this.  No mention in here of Joe Satriani.  Not to
say he didn't do it, but it isn't listed in what Albert posted about
the various parts (and he admitted in there that there were parts
that he wasn't sure who did what).

Just to add, the liner notes (which as we know contain errors and
omissions) indicate that Joe Satriani is part of "The Guitar Orchestra
of The State of Imaginos" -- this is the statement that led me to
believe that Joe only plays on the song "Imaginos" - but, perhaps that
assumption is not correct.

John