off-topic - L. Meckennet

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Dec 14 15:27:48 EST 1995

On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, DAVID FURST wrote:

> Just a quick fishing expedition - this Loreena McKennet (i think) artist - Any
> good?  Had one in my hand but then put it back down having never heard a thing.
> Dr. Mr. Boy

I like Loreena McKennitt, but I Blame that on someone else.  I have _The
Visit_, which includes the fabulous "All Souls Night," amongst others.

Since you haven't heard a thing by her, I'd best explain that she is a
Canadian harpist who sings (and plays) largely celtic-inspired folk music.
Her most recent album (_The Mask and the Mirror_, to my knowledge) takes
in more diverse musical sources, adding indian and moorish elements, for
example.

She has a cracking voice!

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.

"Uzis rip through flesh, then it's time to chow down..."