BRAIN / BOC INdy CD's and Royalties

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 26 22:04:54 EST 1995

>I do not get any royalties from any song which I didn't get credit
>for writing (ie. Reaper, Burnin' For You, Godzilla). For any song that I am
>acknowledged as one of the writers I get significant royalties. That is
>because I get paid directly from SONY Music Publishing. I also get writer's
>royalties for any song of mine that gets played on the radio. This has
>remained over the years a nice stable bonus kind of ammount.

as far as the sale of BOC CDs are concerned, do they take a percentage of the
songs you wrote for that album?  if there are 10 songs on the album and you
wrote 5 of them, do you get 50%?

I don't quite understand the bit about making money from radio airplay...how
do they base your bonus on radio airplay?  if a DJ plays Cities on Flame by
accident 3 times in a row, does that give ya mo' money?  where can one find
out all this info before entering the music industry totally blind and
getting robbed?

ROBO