WotT/Neophyte Suggestion

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 1 11:05:00 EST 1995

> I would recommend Secret Treaties.  Tis my favorite but much more than that
> I think it is the bridge before the softer sounds suggested by AOF,
> Specters, Mirrors and the harder edge of the first two albums.  Besides I
> would be hard pressed to name three better songs on an album than Subhuman,
> Flaming Telepaths and Astronomy.  AOF/Specters are good choices too as they
> contian more radio worthy songs (can't believe I said that).  Would
> definitely not start with Imaginos until your friend has some experience
> with the band.  Just my $.02.
>
> AB
AB,
That's a tough call!  I see you didn't mention 'Dominance.'  I guess
it's a toss up between that and 'Stairway' for my fave BOC tune.  As
for visceral cult impact, I'd go with 'Tyranny and Mvtation,' but for
a true glimpse into the group's creativity, I'd pick 'Treaties.'
Hard to find better rock material anywhere to compete with
'Telepaths/Astronomy,' as devastating a one-two puch as exists in
rock.  Really, I consider the first three records as perfect gems,
wheras I can find flaws in all the other BOC albums...
ted