WotT/Neophyte Suggestion

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Wed Nov 1 13:59:00 EST 1995

>Hmmm...

>Can't find three better songs on Imaginos?  Wouldn't recommend it?

>IMO, It's the crown jewel of the BOC collection.  If you can only
>pick one, this is the place to start.

>RR
ab= Uh, uh RR was just suggesting that for a complete newbie I wouldn't
recommend Imaginos until the new listener had some perspective on the band
and their style.  Imaginos is the Ultimate, however if you spoil someone
with the best the rest may not be as appealing, see Boston for example.

>That's a tough call!  I see you didn't mention 'Dominance.'  I guess
>it's a toss up between that and 'Stairway' for my fave BOC tune.  As
>for visceral cult impact, I'd go with 'Tyranny and Mvtation,' but for
>a true glimpse into the group's creativity, I'd pick 'Treaties.'
>Hard to find better rock material anywhere to compete with
>'Telepaths/Astronomy,' as devastating a one-two puch as exists in
>rock.  Really, I consider the first three records as perfect gems,
>wheras I can find flaws in all the other BOC albums...
>ted

ab=Won't argue with you on the quality of the first three but I think ST is
the crossroads of BOC music it has a little bit on both sides of the musical
spectrum.

AB