off topic-uk money?

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Tue Nov 7 13:42:06 EST 1995

>         Another interesting note on English money for 'yanks' is that
> one pound coins, first introduced when I was here in '84, have long since
> completely replaced paper 1 pound notes.  This is somewhat confusing when

Not in Scotland it ain't.     The *Scottish* pound is still available in
crisp green and multihued note form - easily transferrable to wallet and
pocket and absolutely no different in value to the English pound.

The Scottish banks took account of their customers' preferences and
continued to print 'em, much to their credit and my gratitude.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk