MM and carnivals (was Re: Karn Evil)

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU
Sun Nov 12 12:19:59 EST 1995

On Sat, 11 Nov 1995, J Strobridge wrote:

> Ah - such ignorance!   It's a wordplay derived from "Carnival".
> Listening to it though always makes me think of Ray Bradbury's scary
> Carnival stories - particularly the one where the horses on the
> merry-go-round go backwards and reverse the passage of Time as well.  I
> suspect Bradbury is why Moorcock had such a subconscious fascination
> with fairground stuff - though it may just be another case of parallel
> evolution in action.

Other than his stuff with the Deep Fix, I'm unaware of MM carvial's
fascination:  care to expand on the comment?  Please? :-)

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     Nomad of the Time Streams #159
iscladoc at falcon.cc.ukans.edu            Keeper of _The Dead Gods Book_
iscladoc at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

        "Farewell, friend.  I was a thousand times more evil than thou."
                - Michael Moorcock, _Stormbringer_