Directory - Modified

Endre Zsoldos zsoldos at OGYALLA.KONKOLY.HU
Tue Nov 14 15:12:35 EST 1995

Hi,

BREVARD Adrian R." <ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM> wrote:

>I take it by their continued silence the lurkers would rather remain
>lurkers.  A few people who responded when this first started identified
>themselves as lurkers.  Perhaps someday someone can explain to me the
>advantages of lurking on a list like this, I just don't get it.  Do they
>read and formulate opinions and hold conversations with themselves?  Are
>they just looking for some quick entertainment or tid bots of useful data?
> What is it with lurkers? Why does it happen? Someone with some brains stop
>me from ranting by providing a reasonable, plausible, rational, logical
>explanation of the existence of lurkers ARRRG!

I can tell you my case (though now I loose my position as a lurker!).

I live in Hungary where Hawkwind and BOC are largely unheard of. And,
unfortunately, it seems that they will be so in the near future. So when
you are discussing new releases all I can do is to be envious :-)

Cheers,

        Endre