_Cult Bands_

John McIntyre MCINTYRE at PA.MSU.EDU
Wed Nov 15 09:45:56 EST 1995

Saw an interesting item at my local bookstore the other day: _Cult Bands_.
Can't remember the authors, but it proclaims itself to be a roster of
150 cult bands with a thumbnail sketch of each act.  To my surprise, it
included both Blue Oyster Cult and Hawkwind.  Now, the book has the obvious
problem of trying to cover 150 bands in 200 pages: if you're already
familiar with the band, this book won't tell you anything new, and if
you're not familiar with the band, this book won't really tell you enough
to know whether you're going to like the band or not.  But I thought the
list would be glad to hear both our heroes were included. (-8

Surprisingly, the store had about ten copies in stock.  Somebody thinks
there's a market for it.

                                         John McIntyre
                                          Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
                                          Michigan State University