Off: Steve Vai

Bryan Irby irby at CRUX.ASTR.UA.EDU
Tue Nov 21 16:40:19 EST 1995

> I like Steve Vai a lot.  He isn't a wuss (you must be thinking the guy from
> Poison), ROBO.  He played with David Lee Roth when he started out solo and

Not to mention playing with Zappa.  I figure that anyone Zappa chose to be
in his band has (or had) something going for them.  I think (hope) that the
David L Roth and Whitesnake ventures were just mistakes, or else just money
making schemes.

I've got Vai's "Flex-Able" disc, some of which I really like, some of which
I don't.  I've not heard anything from his last two discs.  Can anyone
recommend them, or otherwise give me an impression of them?

Thanks,

Bryan