BOC covers

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Wed Nov 22 08:53:22 EST 1995

On Wed, 15 Nov 1995, Ross Reyes wrote:

> I see someone posted about bands covering BOC.  We all know
> BOC covered quite a few themselves.  Coming to mind are...
>
> Kick OTJ - MC5
> Born TBW - Step
> Roadhouse - Doors
> We GGOOTP - Animals
> Masterati GT - ??
> Be my Baby - Ronnettes
>

> I think they also covered some WHO at one time or another.  I wonder
> if any Beatles??
>
> Can anyone recall others?
>
> RR

I just returned from Los Angeles where I had the great good fortune to
visit Bolle (pronounced Boh-leh, sort of) at the Museum of Cult.
  One of the tunes he played me was a BOC cover of Be My Baby, and
believe me it was quite remarkable. Very lovingly done. I gather that BOC
still play covers for fun, even if it's only at rehearsals. I also heard
a BOC cover of Free's "Alright Now" and a Stones number which I've
forgotten the name of.  Bolle showed me some the set lists of early shows
and they did include some odd stuff. I recall one number called "Me &
Monkey" which I presume was a reference to the Beatles' "Everybody's Got
Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey".

Dave