BOC:Kerrang Biog (At last)

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 27 11:57:33 EST 1995

> 3.  Don't know 'bout other people's opinions of guitars, but my ears
> just LOVE the sound of a Strat . . . very sweet indeed.
>

> John

John,
I just became a Strat convert myself, after about 20 years of playing
humbucking-type gtrs.  Seeing Jeff Beck this summer did the trick.
I'm not sure how their generally brighter sound would work for the
BOC.  That's why Buck's strat had humbuckers, I imagine.  You never
can tell, though.  The first Zeppelin album was recorded on a
Telecaster through a little Supro amp, but you'd swear it was a 'Paul
through a Marshall.  A lot has to do with the processing.  Robin
Trower gets a really thick sound from his Strats, though you'd never
mistake it for a Les Paul sound.  Most guys who play in heavy bands
tend to prefer Gibsons, or Strats with humbucking pickups installed,
though a million exceptions exist...
theo