BOC:Kerrang Biog (At last), Strats rewl!

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Nov 28 13:07:55 EST 1995

> And the aforementioned expletive to you, sir, as my qualified comments were
> not merely addressed to readers of guitar-oriented publications!
> But seriously, I gather the Shads still play very occasionally, but Hank
> Marvin is still doing the rounds as a solo act.
>
> Actually, were the Shads influenced by Duanne Eddie (sp) i wonder, and
> what instrument did he play?
>
> Dave

Dave,
Duane Eddy was indeed a gtr player, fronting the Rebel Rousers.  He
played a Guild signature model.  One could argue that a parallel
evolution was going on, with guys like Cliff Gallup, Eddy, Link Wray,
the Shads, etc. all borrowing, largely, from Les Paul.  These
American dudes were going in the late 50s-early 60s.  When were the
Shads most active?  Apologies if I gave offense.  I thought that
'Bollocks' was something you Brits threw about with the frequency of
'Bloody,' 'Blimey' etc.  Typical exercise in ethnocentrism!
theo