I like coffee too, but...............

Dan Lindfors lindfors at ALGONET.SE
Thu Nov 30 20:38:55 EST 1995

Nice, yet another evening with trashing 50 or so letters having the subject
"No coffee in a few days", simply because I don't have time to read all this
mail that very well could have a lot of interesting stuff in it (it often
does). But who knows?
It's up to me right? But what are these subject headers for anyway? And
that's not even my humble opinion, only a rethorical question...

Meanwhile I drink my Lavazza and read about Buck's influences...

And dear Dr, if you happen to read this, I can't find anything wrong with
using smileys. When I started writing letters on Internet I thought it
looked rather childish with these characters, as I knew myself of being a
master of handling irony and sarcasm... Fast det framkommer bättre när jag
skriver på svenska...
Yes,we use the english language, but I think even englishspoken persons use
the language somewhat differently depending where you're from. And Internet
is (accept it or not) actually more than an american playground. It's simply
not possible for everone to recognize and understand every subtile tone in a
ironic/humoristic sentence if it's in a language you were not born with.
It can do no harm using these helpful smiley-things in situations when you
don't want to be misinterpreted. The doctors could always chose to close
their eyes at the end of the line:-¤.

Dan (much too humble for his own good) Lindfors