WOTT I think...

Tue Oct 3 12:32:14 EDT 1995

Just a few (I promise!) comments to Joe's WOTT review:

>Who picked the songs? The band? Sony? I made my own 'Best of' tape years ago
which I still listen to and only about three WOTT songs are on it...

Well, the song selection IMHO is flawed mostly by what was NOT on it than
by what was.  But, with only 2 CDs of material, all of what one might expect
wouldn't be there.  As far as "best of" goes, well that's a subjective
term.  Bolle pointed out that WOTT may be a "greatest hits" package, but
certainly not a "best of" package.

As far as the live versions of Workshop, Buck's Boogie, and The Red & Black,
the reason those versions are on there is because they were originally
released on a promo EP (often referred to as "The Bootleg EP") back in
1972 -- and while the sound quality or perfomances of these versions may
leave something to be desired (surely the original album versions were
superior), they are important from a more collectible point of view.  Also,
I find it interesting to have a track or two that captures the band in
it's very early years.

John