HW: not so Martyn

Lisa Quinn cp682 at CLEVELAND.FREENET.EDU
Thu Oct 5 15:03:27 EDT 1995

Reply to message from white at BORG.MED.ECU.EDU of Thu, 05 Oct

>>This CD-I version is new and has several previously unreleased songs.  This
>>is not the old, now obsolete video, and not moot at all.  Do you remember
>(chomp)
>>Rudy
>        Oh OK.  but wouldn't this be in like mpeg format and
>not either PAL or NTSC?  i.e. no video conversion.  Sorry I
>must have missed the discussion of this beastie.  Could someone
>post a brief summary
>Cheers
>
>Martyn

No it is in CD-I format. You need a Phillips CD-I player to see it.
It very well may be a flavor of MPEG, you would need a CD-I compatible
driver in your PC to view it. Probably a pretty fast PC too. The CD-I
has a proprietary chip set so it goes fast enough that it is like
using a vhs deck.

Lisa

Lisa Quinn at cp682 at cleveland.freenet.edu