'76

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Thu Oct 12 21:55:47 EDT 1995

Date sent:      Thu, 12 Oct 1995 18:16:00 PDT
Send reply to:  BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
From:           "BREVARD Adrian R." <ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM>
Subject:        Re: '76
To:             Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>

>Genrally, unless Carl Palmer is playing, drum solos are horrible,
>even from an amazing drummer like Albert...

>Ralph 'Sonny' Barger

Don't know if I could agree with that thought Ralph, I've seen some pretty
amazing solos in my years.  The key is not making them last seemingly
forever.

AB
My idea is that it must be really hard to play a good drum solo
consideing all the great drummers who fail so miserably at it.  Most
of them just seem to want to bang on as much shit as fast as they can
without regard to content.  No personal attack on Albert meant, as I
consider him one of the greatest ever to pound the hides...

barger