HW: London

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Oct 16 19:14:27 EDT 1995

> > the trains will be running again when you come out).  Last time HW played
> > between 10 and 12.  The rest of the event was support bands (some of which
> > were very good).
> >

>     I wouldn't leave too early. In '91 HW played two sets at
>   the all-nighter, one at about 10pm and another at about 3-4am.

I wouldn't count on two sets from Hawkwind and I'd reckon they might
start playing earlier than you'd expect.   It's a long set this time -
impressively long - and they surprised us at Glasgow by starting it much
earlier than usual.  Basically the band was on stage and playing by
9.00pm.    Still, if the prior support band is going to be Porcupine
Tree then I guess you'll all be in there in good time 8-).

Definitely wiser to drink the better beers outside before going into
the show.   If the venue is in a good mood then you'll be allowed to
get out and back again - if they are not then you'll be stuck with the
Brixton Academy Brew for the rest of the evening.   This tends to be
somewhat basic.   Might be worth enquiring about this in advance.

Oh - and watch out for the fire eaters if you're in the front row.
Glasgow was the first place I've ever been where I could feel the heat
of the flames searing over my head - and that was about 10 rows back!

Enjoy

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk