BOC/Covers debate - Name some changes

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Oct 17 19:07:04 EDT 1995

> 2) they could also
> > experiment
> > with different (i.e., accoustic) versions of some of the classics; Buck
> > doing a solo version of Reaper, Alan and Eric with keys only doing Joan
> > Crawford, an extended instrumental version of Astronomy or Magna from
> > Imaginos
>
> Well, doing stuff "unplugged" isn't exactly cutting edge, but could
> work... hopefully, I'll be able to form an opinion on Dec 13th... as for
> _Imaginos_ material, the words that spring to mind are "dream" and "on" :(

> - Andy
>
> ObCD: George Thorogood - _Let's Work Together_

I wish that whole 'unplugged' biz would die on the vine.  Besides
reinforcing an MTV trademark ever time I hear it, by itself bile
inducing, it also reminds me how bands try to do stuff other than
what they're best at.  I love the Allmans, but I dread it every time
they drag out the boxes.  When you're an amazing electric band like
BOC, why not do what you do best:  level arenas (clubs nowadays) with
blistering, electric rock 'n' roll?  Leave the acoustic stuff to
folkies who are truly wedded to it?  Anyway, isn't the whole
unplugged thing just copping from Led Zep?  Come to think of it, I
never liked their acoustic stuff either...
theo