HW: Alan's Bass Setup

Niko Makila Niko.Makila at CSC.FI
Mon Oct 23 08:26:57 EDT 1995

Carl's message dated: Sun, 22 Oct 1995 19:19:35 GMT

>         A few notes for musicians and music-gear-heads out there.  Alan's
> main bass is a Ricky 4003, with a 4000 (!) as a backup.

Being the ignorant MGH that I am makes me wonder what is the difference
between these models?

> He plays through some kind of ancient 50W (I think I heard this
> right) Fender amp, which he says gives him some cool sustain.

Playing a 50W at 11 may be nicer in small clubs than a 500W at 11.
Reminds me of Robert Fripp commenting John Wetton's Vega amp in the
early 70's King Crimson: "It was very easy to hear and very difficult
not to hear."

ObCD: Phish, A Live One.

        //niko