We all have our own versions...Brixton 21/10

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Mon Oct 23 16:01:13 EDT 1995

> Carl E. Anderson wrote:
CHOMP!

> >         Sounds dead boring--one could probably attend a gig of equal
> > excitement without actually leaving home (with suitable accompaniments
> > to the music!).
> >
> >         "Yeah, it was brilliant.  I've never heard anyone press an
> > "ON" switch like that before ..."

Yeah, wonder when some "artist" is gonna walk on-stage with his banks
of synths, samplers and FX and merely boot up his computer, fire the
"program" off and leave the stage, only to return when the "performance"
is over to turn it all off.

> Didn't Aphex Twin do a "live" concert where they sent the signals
> through to the concert hall from a remote location via a digital
> link-up?

Actually, I think that was Future Sound Of London with their "ISDN"
release, which used the ISDN medium to perform their music around the
world simultaneously. (The CD of ISDN may be of the performance, not
sure, gotta read the liner notes a little more carefully...).

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342      (404) 845-3404