Porcupine Tree STAIRCASE INFINITIES

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Fri Oct 27 09:39:44 EDT 1995

Captain Cloud sky-wrote across my screen of blue...

>        I have been in touch with RPM Records this past week, inquiring
>        about the new Porcupine Tree "Staircase Infinities".  They inform
>        me that this is a re-release of an early PTree 10" vinyl.  It is
>        approx. 30 minutes long, on CD.  Price: $12.99.  The song list is:
>
>        Cloud Zero
>        The Jokes on You
>        Navigator
>        Rainy Taxi
>        Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape

With the exception of "YHD", this is all material that was not released
from the recording sessions of "Up The Downstair". The version of "YHD"
on S_I is slightly different than the the Y_H_D, release (no band member
intros, "The Cross" isn't the beginning of the song spring to mind). The
10" was released about a year ago.

>        Possibly this is related to the UK release "Yellow Hedgerow
>        Dreamscape", which contained (remastered?) versions of stuff from
>        the early PTree releases.  Unable to confirm so far, but I will
>        double-check my "YHD" CD when I get home.
>
>        Captain Cloud
>        cjohnson at ccmail.sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com

More related to "UTD" than "YHD", IMHO. YHD is more akin, however, to
...ON THE SUNDAY OF LIFE. You are correct about the remastering of
some of the material for the releases.

Still waiting for the full release of VOYAGE 34...
      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342      (404) 845-3404