Slightly left of topic

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Oct 31 17:32:55 EST 1995

> With all the talk of Amon Duul and such - was just wondering if any of you folks
> remember a German band on the old Billingsgate label by the name of Lucifer's
> Friend - I have a release by this group that has some very nice heavy guitar -
> B-3 organ type of sound w/ song titles like 'In the time of job, when mammon was
> a yippie'  that's the only one I can remember.  Also, Epitaph (sp?), also
> German, who had a very interesting sound - sorta like heavy metal yet cowboy
> wannabees.  Just wondering - for those interested in German rock from the very
> early 70's.
>
> Mr. Boy

Mr. Boy,
I sure do Remember Lucifer's Friend.  They had an amazing singer,
John Lawton, I believe, and, if I'm not mistaken, the virtuoso bass
player Trevor Bolder (who I think played with Bowie's Spiders-era
band).  Yeah, the lyrics were rarely as good as those you mention.
I think my copy was actually on a fairly mainstream US label.  I have
one lp by them, and I think the title is 'Fate's Warning.' but I'll
have to make a trip to my vinyl vault to verify any of this.  Anyone
else out there remember them?  Robo? AB?
theo