BOC CDs, was Re: BOC We gotta get out....

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Mon Sep 18 22:55:20 EDT 1995

On Fri, 8 Sep 1995, Vince LeGrand wrote:

> >I have always wondered, however, whether these CDs would
> >sound better if the CD player were plugged instead into the phono
> >input of the amplifier...
> >
> Paul...don't do that. the phono input on your stereo is designed for an
> input level that is about 1/100 as high as the CD or AUX input.  If you
> connect your CD player to the phono input, you will probably fry your phono
> preamp.

Ok... so how about if you did 99% signal attenuation it first?  I'd _love_
to come up with a workable fix to this problem, because I have a lot of
CDs that sound like absolute shit because of it.

C'mon, some of you EEs out there, earn your keep.  ;-)

Steve