More opinions wanted

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Thu Sep 21 18:11:39 EDT 1995

> Simon House - Yassasin (sp?)  - I can't believe I just didn';t buy
> this w/o thinking, but I've been spending a lot on CDs lately, so I'ld
> like some opinions before plopping down the $25.
>
> Man, is the new Brock disc great!

Ah - well you should like Yassassim I'd guess.   Certainly my feeling is
that it's definitely superior to Brock's venture!    Basically it's
Simon House goes symphonic - or at least into extensive multi-layer
mode.   As I said previously, I feel his themes aren't always lyrically
powerful enough to do the lavish background of sound justice - as a
full-blown composer he's maybe just starting out - but I like it.

I'd welcome other comments tho'!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk