Box Sets

Paul G Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Fri Sep 29 22:30:29 EDT 1995

>Paul comments on my comments, and now I have more comments . . .
>
>John A Swartz writes:
>

>that is still on-going.  Meanwhile, though, recognizing that there really
>isn't a "definitive" BOC greatest hits collection, they decided to
>release WOTT - which for them is relatively inexpensive as they have
>the recording rights to all of the tracks.  Sony has not made statemenst

>Also, I hardly think WOTT is "crappy" -- it is a very good "greatest hits"
>package.  Yeah, I've got most of the stuff already, so maybe I don't
>need this (or, as a collector, maybe I do), but there may be lots of
>people that this package is right for.  How 'bout the folks who listened

I know absolutely nothing about BOC, but John's comments make great sense to me.
I've seen BOC CD's in stores many a time, but have never forked out the cash
because I don't really know what to expect. If I see WOTT, I probably will buy
it however, as I can think of no better way to be introduced to the band than by
a compilation such as this.

There were numerous comments in the past about the lack of new/unreleased
material on the Griffin Hawkwind Box Set, but this falls into the same category.
It would be a great introduction to HW for a newbie. I bought it, even though it
was damn expensive (at least in Australia it was), even though I had 95% of the
tracks allready. I am not sorry either, and I doubt if I would be sorry if I
bought WOTT.

Paul
--
Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'          .---.  __  .--------   Long