BOC: I'm back and they're not

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Apr 1 13:08:21 EST 1996

> Someone mentioned getting a mailer from the Surgeons. I myself got the same
> one. Now, most of these shows I get flyers for are in New York city, and I'm
> just a snowbound local who lives Upstate, so the chances of me actually
> getting to one of these gigs is very slim. Yet the surgeons keep sending
> them and that's cool, because with the warmer weather coming, who knows right?
> So my point is (yes I have one), why don't the BOC boys do something
> similar? You trying to tell me they can't afford to slap a 32 cent'er on a
> stack of printouts to let people know about where they are gonna be? It
> stinks when you find out BOC has played 2 hours away from you AFTER the gig
> is over! As much as I love BOC's music, it seems to me that they just don't
> care about the fans the way tBS do.

        BOC is in space.  People _respond_ to contact, and respond with their
wallets.  tBS is good on outreach and I bet they get a decent return on their
stamps ;)  It would take so little, one would think, to get BOC's collective
head out of its arse ...
        If they actually were on the ball enough to book their gigs ahead
of time, then they could send out a postcard with the whole list of
dates to the their whole fan club/mailing list.  But no ...  What are these
guys doing with their time?  Sitting around playing Nintendo?  (Probably!)
They sure aren't recording a new album or writing new tunes ...

Cheers,
Carl