BOC: Doing without it.

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Sat Apr 6 02:46:21 EST 1996

At 10:33 PM 4/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>At 03:08 PM 4/5/96 -0500, was written:
>
>>Question for all you BOC historians: Was Buck's Boogie one of the songs that
>>they did the 5 guitar bit on? I seem to recall that they did but my wife
>
>No, never.

Ack! Memory Error: (A)bort (R)etry (D)o funny stuff

>>says they only did that on COF. Did they do it only on a particular song or
>
>Wrong band, 5 guitars has only been in Cities with the Brain Surgeons.

So I was wrong.. at least she was too. :>

>>did they do it on several different tunes? It was a long time ago and memory
>>gets hazy but I think they did it on a number of songs like ME262, COF,
>>Buck's Boogie, Born to be Wild (by the way, I can't stand the studio BTBW
>
>We did it in between MaserattiGT and BTBW, ME262 and BTBW, and in GAOL and
ILTN.

At least I was in the ballpark here (as I hopelessly wrack my brain trying
to figure out what GAOL and ILTN are, all the while knowing that when I
figure it out I'll feel like a doofus..). Sheesh, I saw you guys enough
times, you'd think I'd remember.

> "So Ladies, Fish and Gentlemen, here's my angled dream..."
>
>Credit where credit's due, Pearlman's Lyrics for "Blue Oyster Cult" are
>unmodified in any way. In "Subhuman" they were edited by Bloom but he added
>nothing, just took out good stuff IMHO.

Artistic liscence? I used to piss off the guitarist in one of my bands
regularly because I'd change or leave out parts of his lyrics because, for
me, it was easier to sing. I never actually wrote down my changes, just sang
'em that way. "No, Joe, it goes like THIS..."

I've been at this machine WAY too long today. I'm going to bed..
     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "So Ladies, Fish
  | | <   *http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/1154|  and Gentlemen,here's
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  my angled dream..."