OFF Gong & the Ozrics

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Apr 9 12:50:49 EDT 1996

In message <9604090931.AA02032 at etlxd20c>, Rob Stuckey
<etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE> writes
>and a rather long
>  jam at some point in the proceedings.
Isn't that what the Ozrics have always been about?

>   I only saw 45 minutes of Gong, as I had to catch a train, but what
>  I did see was excellent. A lot of people compare Gong to the Ozrics
>  but played back to back I see little comparison.
Maybe they've changed but when i used to see the Ozrics you could hardly
have described them in any other way but "like Gong". I must have seen
them play Hillage's Om Riff 100 times. Year in year out.

>Gong are still very
>  jazz based and both more subtle and ambient whilst the Ozrics are
>  much louder and heavier.

And Gong are the original.

--
Jon Browne