OFF: Re: R. Thompson

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Apr 23 16:31:24 EDT 1996

Carl responds:

>         RT is definately my favorite Strat player ;)  _guitar/vocal_ is
Even though he doesn't always play a Strat.  He uses a couple of
custom instruments as well, but for sure he has a typical [well, as
typical as anything he does could be!] Strat tone.

> one of the selected CDs that crossed The Pond with me (along with
I tend to prefer his more recent stuff.  'Mirror Blue' is a perfect
album--plenty of creativity, and enough humor to counter the horribly
depressing stuff, and the heartbroken ballads.  Counting the new one,
his last four albums are true works of art.

> _Palace Springs_, _Space Ritual_, _Imaginos_, _Secret Treaties_, and both
> Brain Surgeons discs to add a hint of topicality :)

A pretty healthy selection, there.

Theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?