blotto

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Apr 24 10:21:34 EDT 1996

Daniel says:
> Carl:
>
> One band just came to my mind... and I think you know who they are, 'cause=
> =20
> you're living in the UK -Terrorvision!
> They are, what you call, "silly rock'n'roll fun. I listen to them very much
> and I like it...I think they're making brilliant music WITH humour!
>
>         -Daniel

Have you guys ever listened to Blotto?  I don't think they're
together anymore, but they were a hard rockin' group who had a lot of
humor.  One of them collaborated on BOC's 'Dragon Lady' from 'Rev. by
Night.'  Buck is prominently featured on their video 'Metalhead.'
Sample song titles:  'I wanna be a Lifeguard,' 'She's Got a Big
Boyfriend.'  And don't forget the Pearlman/Krugman produced
Dictators, with references to EB in their songs.  Some may find some
of their songs racist, but I prefer to think of them as iconoclastic:
if you pick on everyone, how can you be called prejudiced?
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?