BOC: Gigs in M.E.262land (was: Dino-tours)

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Apr 24 13:03:04 EDT 1996

Jerry writes;
>(I have already talked to Theo about this.) About the symbol (the swastika,
>not Saturn), used to be a symbol for 'life', a bit like Egyptian 'ankh'. It
>was oulded into another meaning by some terrible things in the fourties.
>I know about a story on this one. In Finland, the (naval) merchant service
>use the swastika as their symbol, on their flags. When they celebrated=
 their
>umpteenth anniversary, the Finnish ambassey put out these flags, and got a
>lot of angry phone calls of course.

During the WWII Swedish volunteers fought for Finland against the=
 Russians...
(We didn't take part in the war as you know... if you don't mix  Sweden and=
=20
Norway up again... ;-) =20
There were mostly infantry but also a few  planes. The Swedish goverment=20
wanted to emphasize it were volunteers who were fighting and not any regular=
=20
Swedish troops/forces so they painted (blue) swastikas on the wings...=20

        -Daniel

-

"Jag har en papegoja -s=E5 jag best=E4mmer" (Rickard Fuchs)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN