kronos/busted cross?

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 25 07:41:15 EDT 1996

Steve P said

>The swastika is an almost universal symbol for the sun.  [...]
>The BOC symbol bears no relation to it at all.

Oh, absolutely - but I expect it could remind some people of a swastika,
especially when you slap it on the side of a bloody Messerschmitt!  I think
Pearlman must have known what he was doing - and I think that what he was
doing was flirting with the fetishistic aspects of Nazism, and challenging
taboos.  Which are both fair enough!  But are sadly open to
misinterpretation.

> Has it been determined for
>certain that the BOC symbol is the Kronos symbol?  I remember the Kronos
>symbol being significantly different (but I haven't looked for a while)

The alchemical Kronos/Saturn symbol is more like a lower-case "h" with a
cross-bar, but it's broadly similar.  I thought the BOC symbol was an
invention, designed to look sinister.

- Andy