off:Kronos good/bad luck

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Apr 25 15:53:35 EDT 1996

>> > I think the idea came from people who assumed that the nazis were
>> > generally corrupting the symbol on purpose, to show disrespect?
>>
>> Maybe they were just trying to avoid lengthy copyright litigation? ;-)
>
>        There's a possibility!  Now if only they had been managed by Doug
>Smith then a lot of problems (for everyone else) could have been
>avoided ...

About the copyright litigation...  Tactical Studies Rules (better
 known simply as "TSR", the makers of Dungeons & Dragons)
 made a game awhile back based on
Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark.  They had these
little cardboard cutout figures you could use (if you chose) of the
major players:  Indy, Marion, their friends, and of course, all
those evil Nazis.  On one of the generic "Nazi" trooper cutouts,
TSR had the following text:

Nazi (c) 1989 by TSR.

Yep, they copyrighted the word "Nazi".  So all them skinhead
groups better watch out, they face copyright infringement if they
use the word "Nazi"....

(not certain about the year...)
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)