BOC: Song lyrics

Mon Apr 29 08:31:57 EDT 1996

Buzzardo Presley writes:

Hey, can someone post or e-mail me or point me to, the lyrics to the
following (unreleased) BOC tunes: Half Life Time, Gil Blanco County, and The
Girl That Made Love Blind? Does someone out there have a recorded copy of
these tunes I could swap with or otherwise obtain a copy? Why haven't these
tunes been released? (Besides the obvious neglect... :) Much obliged...

Albert once posted the lyrics to Gil Blanco County and The Girl That Love
Made Blind.  I haven't seen lyrics posted for Half-Life Time, however if
you know the spoken-word intro to *Club Ninja*'s "When The War Comes",
then you have some of the lyrics (Howard Stern's spoken intro is lifted
right from the lyrics to Half-Life Time).

As far as obtaining a recorded copy of these tunes, these should not be
traded without the consent of the song's creator.  I adhere to Bolle
Gregmar's code on unreleased stuff -- he has a wealth of unreleased BOC
songs, outtakes and the like, and he will play them for you if you visit
his "museum", but he will not make you copies.  These gems have been
provided to him by various members of the band, but he has agreed not
to disseminate this material.  Anyone else who has copies of unreleased
material should check with the source (i.e. the band) before making and
distributing copies of this stuff.

As far as why these tunes haven't been released, you should probably
refer to the FAQ on the whole issue with *Imaginos* but in a nutshell,
the original project had between 2 and 3 albums worth of material, so
some stuff was left off for inclusion on future parts 2 and 3 - along
with either other songs that were never written, or other old BOC songs.
Of course, *Imaginos* has been pretty much abandoned by BOC, and Albert
Bouchard is now onto another project - The Brain Surgeons

John