sabbath/moorcock?

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Thu Aug 22 12:33:22 EDT 1996

Martyn explodes over mine:

> >I've always thought that Tony Martin had the best voice of any of
> >the Sab singers.  Not that I think this is their best material.  Even
> >though Ozzy's not really much of a singer, he suited the mood of
>         What?  You can't be serious.  I think Ozzy has one
> of the all-time greatest voices in rocknroll
>
> >theo
>
> Martyn

I'm not saying Ozzy isn't an effective singer.  Hell, millions of
fans can't be wrong.  I'm talking more in terms of musicality, and
richness of tone.  In those terms, I'd say Tony has a more
traditional voice.  But certainly Ozzy's voice works well for his
material, and it did fit in well with the mood of the original Sab.
theo