HW : Name

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Aug 28 11:37:14 EDT 1996

In message <32240B2B.1E2E at mic.dundee.ac.uk>, Andy Cobley
<acobley at MIC.DUNDEE.AC.UK> writes

>He did !
>
>Can you tell me about this ritual ? I was there and don't remember
>seeing anything of significance.

Well, it isn't massively important, I just took it as indicative of
"other" interests. (From memory so forgive and correct errors) Quite
near the beginning, do you remember him "drawing" pentagrams in the air
with his "sword". A ceremonial sword is usually used, I think Nik had
one of those plastic Lightsabers you used to be able to get at the end
of the '70's. You do this to the four ststions, N,E,S,W and invoke the
corresponding angels etc. To someone studying this path, it's a daily
thing and has about as much significance in itself as say, a good Tai-
Chi session.   Its often a precursor, though, to some sustained work.
Say a 14 hour gig for instance :)

But then, you've all got the video and I'm recalling something from 12
years ago when I was a lot more into that stuff. If anyone cares to
watch the vid and he's not doing anything of the sort, please roast my
ass! I must get around to getting the vid. That was the best HW show I
ever saw. (of around 50)

>Then again I think I may have been on planet 10 at the time, or
>being stripped searched at the local police station !

ah! happy days!

--
Jon Browne