HW : Hey Star-rats.

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Aug 29 05:14:33 EDT 1996

In message <199608282152.QAA00201 at deliverator.io.com>, Hawkwind
<Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM> writes
>At 10:08 AM 8/28/96 +0100, you wrote:
>>Do you have any comment to make on this scurilous and hopefully
>>unfounded rumour about Alan, which horribly keeps persisting?
>
>I can't comment too much on this but I would just say that there were
>problems concerned with the recent gig in France which had more to do with
>the lighting rigging. This seems to have brought some other things into the
>open and the band are dealing with it. As to speculation that Alan is
>leaving, has been asked to leave or has fallen out with the band, only time
>will tell.
>
>Yours,
>        Star_Rats
Who said anything about being asked to leave? Oh dear, what a giveaway.

Erm, Dave, The band needs Alan.

If Alan left now, it would rank as one of the band's great losses. I'm
sure the band would survive, after all they've survived the loss of
Lemmy, Nik, Bob and Huw, I'm sure Dave will carry on as Hawkwind as he
always has, and I'll continue to follow, but I think Alan has
contributed enormously to the Hawks current incarnation. It took years
to find someone who had that blanga sound, plus he's written some of my
ALL-TIME favorite HW tunes, good voice, looks the part and positively
radiates affability.

For pete's sake, patch it up. We're all very fond of Alan, this'll be
devastating to the band and the fans. Sort it out, huh, please?
--
Jon Browne