OFF: Branson and V2

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Mon Dec 2 04:37:00 EST 1996

Martin Dench wrote:
>I read a press release about Richard Branson's new label a couple of
>months ago, and I wouldn't hold out much hope for any interesting
>bands/artists being signed.  His comment was, as befits such a 'bastion'
>of modern society, that they would aim at 'intellectual rock and modern
>classical music'.  Intellectual here meaning not intelligent, but
>pretentious and dull!

Anyone who makes more contemporary classical music available gets my
vote.  If he really does mean "modern", and not just twentieth-century.

Dave.

ObGig: Jan Garbarek group.   Obvirtuoso bassist: Eberhard Weber.
                             Obvirtuoso percussionist: Marilyn Mazur.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.