BOC, first album

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Mon Dec 2 07:14:27 EST 1996

Troy Harris wrote:

>  Okay,
>
>  So we have heard much of the first induction into HW from the fans, so
> how about BOC?

my first was that i traded a doobie for the eight-track tape ver. of
agents of fortune.i then listened to it non-stop for days.it was enuff
for me to paint up a boc motiff on a denim jacket.i wore this jacket to
a boc concert at the philadelphia spectrum in 82,and met a girl there
who asked me to give her the jacket so she could hold it up for the band
to see.the band didnt notice,so <gasp> she threw it up on the stage.
eric walked over and picked it up,held it up for the crowd,and hollered:
"check it out!" he then folded it up neatly and placed it on one of
the amps.i don't know what ever became of it.at that point a biker brawl
broke out in our area,so we missed a good portion of the show.

a couple of weeks later,i found a picture disc from boc.it was in the
shape of the head of the lead cult guy on fire of unknown origin.
it had burning for you live on one side,a really long version,and
on the back was the most kick-ass version of flaming telepaths i ever
heard. from then on,i was hooked.

at a philadelphia gig in 93 or thereabouts,i saw boc at the chestnut
cabaret.i talked to eric after the gig,and i believe it was his
negative attitude that sort of doused my boc flame.he was apparently
down on the band,and on philadelphia gigs in general.it was rather
unpleasant. :(   rj