OFF: Rockers deaths

dench M.G.Dench at BTON.AC.UK
Wed Dec 4 03:55:39 EST 1996

I don't know if Thain committed suicide, but he certainly didn't die on
stage.

I have more trivia about Alex and Les Harvey (I was a mega fan some 20
years ago!).  Alex was actually 12 years older than Les.  Maggie Bell,
lead singer with STC, actually auditioned for Alex, who was a big cheese
in Glasgow in the early 70s, but he recommended she go and see his
brother....

If anyone is interested, Repertoire records are re-releasing 2 STC albums
as we speak (Teenage Licks and Ode to John Law).  Hopefully the other 2
will follow later.

Martin