Rockers deaths

dench M.G.Dench at BTON.AC.UK
Wed Dec 4 03:58:48 EST 1996

Did David Byron really kill himself by accident with a gun?  That strikes
me as quite amazing because exactly the same thing happened to Terry Kath,
guitarist with Chicago.  He didn't think it was loaded, pointed it at his
head and pulled the trigger to amuse his friends....

Thain, I think, was in trouble with drugs and although I can't remember
clearly, I am sure his death was drugs related.  I remember reading an
article in Melody Maker in 1976 about people in the rock world who had
died through abuse of drugs - and he was up there with Joplin, Hendrix et
al.

Martin