HW: old hat. was:OVER CALVERT's DEAD BODY!!!!!

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Wed Dec 4 05:44:00 EST 1996

On 03 Dec 12:32, skarsol wrote:
> > They seem to have plenty of muscial ideas left.  Lyrically they've
> > been a bit weak; Calvert was definitely the best lyricist the band
> > ever had.
>
> I think dave was a decent writer,when he wrote.

When you look at HW's early output, I think you're right.

> I think maybe (this is a guess), he is still capable of writing the same
> sort of stuff,but because of his 'growing up' (heh), the same stuff he
> used to write might sound too silly to himself, for him to want to share
> it with the world.

I can sympathize with that (if true).  A (long) while ago Mike suggested
writing some lyrics for HW.  I had a go; I wanted a song that used VR to
combine fantasy, SF, and eco-protest in the real world.  I got a little way,
then realised I had produced complete doggerel, and threw it in the bin!

Dave.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.