BOC: Imaginos great v. mediocre, no bad timing

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Thu Dec 5 14:48:06 EST 1996

>And, if you consider how the fans
>*didn't* embrace Mirrors, I think my hindsight of having Imaginos done
>after SEE would have been a better choice.

That's rather unfair, John, because this comes down to comparing Imaginos to
Mirrors, which is heresy to me ! *grin* I mean, in my own private universe,
Imaginos is the *best* and Mirrors the *worst* BOC ever. Which is kind of
interesting. I mean, I think the fans didn't embrace Mirrors for good
reasons. It's not so much a question of when the album was released as of
the quality of the material within. I do believe Imaginos would have made a
huge impressions on the fans had it come out in that period. One reason for
this, IMHO, is that we're talking of a period in time when disco music was
at its highest peak. Much of Mirrors seems to me very disco-esque. But, as
we all know, BOC fans are not really your regular disco fan (though I'm sure
many of us don't mind disco, I certainly don't, but let's say the fan wasn't
expecting disco from BOC !), whereas an album such as Imaginos would have
been like a slap in the face in a time when rock fans highly needed stuff
like that.

Yes, I also think 79 would have been the perfect year for releasing Imaginos.

Okay, now I'll run off in that corner and whine some more on things
undone... :-(

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock In Progress,
  Slash and more to come...)