Noise Hype

Jon Browne Jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Feb 1 05:54:48 EST 1996

In your message dated Thursday 1, February 1996 you wrote :

 "Don't worry folks they can't hear a thing that's happening in
> the studio 'coz they're listening to Hawkwind at 9,000 decibels" ... cue
> audience titter..
>
> Well if all these references to HW at high volume isn't Hype then I don't
> know what is.. HW are one band that |I can listen to irrespective of
> volume (the neighbours heave a huge sigh of relief)

 Fair enough & I agree, but at the same time, I've been to Hawkwind gigs off
differing volumne and I must admit I prefer the ones which are so loud it blows
my hair back, wind tunnel-like ;)

I think the quiestest set I saw them do was at the Treworgy Festival about 8
years ago, when (I think) a pre-amp blew (or something) and it was so quiet Here
& Now drowned them out from the other end of site. I was in the second or third
row and couldn't *quite* hear the band because people were talking!

Jon Browne
They Walk Among Us.
See Our Website: http://www.demon.co.uk/comicshop/