All the Aces

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Feb 5 08:34:41 EST 1996

> >         Well, it might not be self-centered.  I wouldn't link Lemmy's
> > departure directly to a perceived decline, but I would agree with him
> > that HW went downhill after he left.  I mean when its a choice between
> > Space Ritual, HotMG, and Warrior or ASAM, QS&C, PXR5 .... I'll take the
> > first, despite there being some excellent and classic tracks on the
> > latter three.
>
> No way! I much prefer Quark to Space Ritual, and I think ASAM has
> some of their best musicianship.

        Ah, I knew I could rely on boc-l to come up with counter-opinions
on Hawkwind! ;)  Always does :)

> Lemmy is a great bass player and
> I wish he'd been replaced by a sound-a-like, after all they improved
> a fair bit once Alan Davey replaced Harvey on bass. This because
> AD just fits into the driving style of the band more.

        I'm definately in agreement there.  Alan Davey is, after Lemmy,
the bass player best suited to Hawkwind that they've had.  Ade Shaw was
alright, Paul Rudolph was dull, Dave Anderson didn't do much for me,
and Harvey was ... best relegated to keyboards! :) ;)

Cheers,
Carl